Pray for your family
From Teach Us To Pray: A 21-Day Prayer Guide
No two families are identical, yet our heavenly Father had His hand in creating each and every one. Family was God’s design. Just as He created each of us, He created the people we were born to and the siblings and extended family that surround us.
Some days, when everyone is getting along, family feels like a blessing. Other days, it feels like an immense challenge. For some, our families are our safe place. For others, our families are our mission field.
No one ever said loving others would be easy, but the Bible does promise it will be worth it. As we stretch ourselves to love our families well, our lives start to look more like our Savior’s (Philippians 2:1-11).
- What are some reasons you can thank God for your family?
- How has being brought into this family, at this point in time, brought good into your life?
- What do you appreciate about God’s design for family? What has it taught you about His character and values?
- No human is perfect, which means no family is perfect. Is there anyone in your family you need to forgive or ask forgiveness from?
- As you read today’s verses about family, was there any point where you felt challenged or convicted?
- How does your understanding of family align with God’s design for family? What, if anything, do you need to let go of to do what He’s called you to?\
- What do you want to see God do in your immediate and extended family? Does anyone need healing, direction, or a relationship with Jesus?
- We can love and serve and advise our families, but only God can access their hearts. Where do you see an opportunity for your family members to grow spiritually or emotionally?
- What role does God want you to play in your family? Too often, we jump into who we think we should be without asking God, “Why do you have me in this family?”